Re: Org and Hyperbole

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: Org and Hyperbole
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 17:26:30 +0200

On Mon, Jun 20, 2022 at 02:03:15PM +0000, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
> I've been intrigued with GNU Hyperbole for a while. I'm reading the
> documentation and trying it out a bit. It seems that its button system
> is very powerful. But Org links are also powerful (and exportable), and
> can be extended outside of Org docs. It seems that hyperbole offers some
> cool stuff that Org also has. And other things that are not in Org. I
> find some parts a bit confusing. I wonder if anyone is using hyperbole
> with Org and can put here some minimal workflow example where both
> complement each other in some way. Just in case I'm missing something
> useful...

Juan,

I've often wondered the same thing. I've looked at Hyperbole several
times. They have been great at advertising when a new release
occurs. Yet I find that I can't really find a useful feature in it
that I don't get from Org-mode.

Is there some keen feature I'm missing? What's the use case for
Hyperbole if you're already an Org-mode user?

                                    https://www.adamsinfoserv.com/