Recent changes in org-fold regarding emphasize visibility

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Recent changes in org-fold regarding emphasize visibility
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 16:07:50 +0300

There are some recent (week old) changes to org-fold that changes
fold/emphasize behavior. Before the changes, I used to have

    (setq org-fold-catch-invisible-edits 'show-and-error)

in order to prevent accidental write in the following places:

    :PROPERTIES:|...

But now, hidden emphasize symbols are considered "folded" so when I
write:

    *Hello*|

and about to press "space" I get a warning.

I think this is a regression. I don't want to change the
`org-fold-catch-invisible-edits' variable to something else because I
worry more about accidental edits in real folded regions. I don't
understand why emphasize markers are treated as folded text.

`org-hide-emphasis-markers` is set to non-nil.

Best,

--

Daniel Fleischer