Re: [org-contrib] Take over maintaining of org-contacts.el

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [org-contrib] Take over maintaining of org-contacts.el
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 17:10:27 +0800

"Christopher M. Miles" <numbchild@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Danjou, Since the package org-contacts.el is not maintained for a long
> time. I would like to take
> over maintaining of org-contacts.el. What do you think? I used to send you an
> email with asking. But
> got no response.
>
> Hi Bastien, If org-contacts.el author is not response for a long time, can
> you remove
> org-contacts.el out from org-contrib? I have already added a separated
> repository for org-contacts.el
> https://repo.or.cz/org-contacts.git
>
> If approved, I will update on MELPA by adding a new recipe for
> org-contacts.el.

I noticed that Bastien did put your repo as a new home for org-contacts:
https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-contrib/tree/master/item/lisp/org-contacts.el:
>> homepage: https://github.com/stardiviner/org-contacts.el

Note, however, that the repo is your (deleted?) github repo.
Should we update the homepage repo in org-contrib to
https://repo.or.cz/org-contacts.git?

Best,
Ihor