Re: [BUG] - Statistics cookie is part of the org heading title

From: Daniel Fleischer
Subject: Re: [BUG] - Statistics cookie is part of the org heading title
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 07:09:12 +0300

Fabian <learning@hailmail.net> writes:

> I don't see any reason why the statistics cookie should be part of the title:
> it should be a separate component.

According to the spec, the statistics cookie can appear anywhere, it's a
text element. It can appear in a headline where it has more meaning and
also appear anywhere in the headline, not necessarily at the end. The
function you failed to mention but is mentioned in the link is
`org-heading-components` which does a simple split around syntax parts:
stars, TODO word, text, tags. If you don't want to see the cookie you
can remove it easily from text using regex.

--

Daniel Fleischer