Re: [BUG] link abbreviations do not work inside property drawers [9.5.2

From: Ignacio Casso
Subject: Re: [BUG] link abbreviations do not work inside property drawers [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-38-g682ccd @ /home/ignacio/repos/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 16:46:31 +0200

>> (cond ((org-in-regexp org-link-any-re)
>>        (let ((org-link-abbrev-alist
>>               (append org-link-abbrev-alist org-link-abbrev-alist-local)))
>>       (org-link-open-from-string (match-string-no-properties 0))))
>>       ...)
>> What do you think?
>
> I do not like this idea. There is also org-link-abbrev-alist-local and
> potentially other variables to be introduced in future. We should not
> rely too much on internal workings of ol.el.
>
> A better approach could be using org-link-expand-abbrev. It is an API
> function and should be forward-compatible.

Do you mean something like this?

(defun org-open-at-point-global ()
    (cond ((org-in-regexp org-link-any-re)
           (org-link-open-from-string
            (org-link-expand-abbrev (match-string-no-properties 0))))
          ...))

Right now that is not enough because `org-link-expand-abbrev' only works
for links without square brackets, like "abbrev:suffix", and
`org-link-any-re' matches links with square brackets, like
"[[abbrev:suffix]]". That could be easily worked around in
`org-open-at-point-global' but maybe it would be better to change
`org-link-expand-abbrev' to work with both forms.

Let me know if you want me to send a patch implementing any of those
options or any other that you see fit. Otherwise, I know enough now to
fix the issue in my own config, so we can leave at that.

Regards,

--Ignacio