Re: [BUG] link abbreviations do not work inside property drawers [9.5.2

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] link abbreviations do not work inside property drawers [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-38-g682ccd @ /home/ignacio/repos/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 21:52:44 +0800

Ignacio Casso <ignaciocasso@hotmail.com> writes:

> I agree that changing the current behavior of
> `org-link-open-from-string' may be problematic, however I don't think
> that it's worth to introduce the optional argument just for this
> "bug".

Makes sense. I am going ahead of what is currently on main.

> (cond ((org-in-regexp org-link-any-re)
>        (let ((org-link-abbrev-alist
>               (append org-link-abbrev-alist org-link-abbrev-alist-local)))
>        (org-link-open-from-string (match-string-no-properties 0))))
>       ...)
> What do you think?

I do not like this idea. There is also org-link-abbrev-alist-local and
potentially other variables to be introduced in future. We should not
rely too much on internal workings of ol.el.

A better approach could be using org-link-expand-abbrev. It is an API
function and should be forward-compatible.

Best,
Ihor