Re: gnus links not followed, also avl-tree error (org-capture issues)

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: Re: gnus links not followed, also avl-tree error (org-capture issues)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 10:54:35 -0600

> webdev@toryanderson.com (Tory S. Anderson) writes:
>
>> Second, most of my plain (just me typing entries) captures fail to complete
>> at all.
>>
>> =org-capture: Capture abort: Wrong type argument: avl-tree-, nil
>> This is sending me back years to before I developed a nicely tuned org
>> workflow, and it isn't pleasant. Is there something I forgot to include, or
>> have there been breaking syntax changes somewhere?
>
> Thanks for reporting! Are you able to reproduce with emacs -Q?

Thanks! I am not sure what an emacs -Q would mean in cases like this, since
they are custom written capture templates in the first place, so -Q would lose
them.

Important update: By including all of org-contrib the two problems go away,
although other problems are introduced. But trying to search the contrib for
which things in particular are solving these errors has not been successful.

- Tory