Re: profiling latency in large org-mode buffers (under both main & org-f

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: profiling latency in large org-mode buffers (under both main & org-fold feature)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 13:25:58 +0800

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, it definitely seems to be related tofile size, which makes me think
> that some kind of buffer parsing is the cause of the problem.

Parsing would show up in the profiler report in such scenario. It is not
the case though. The problem might be invisible text (it would cause
redisplay become slow), but 15k lines is relatively small - it should
not cause redisplay issues according to my experience. Just to be sure,
I would try to check performance in a completely unfolded buffer.

Best,
Ihor