Re: profiling latency in large org-mode buffers (under both main & org-f

From: Rudolf Adamkovič
Subject: Re: profiling latency in large org-mode buffers (under both main & org-fold feature)
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 22:11:52 +0100

> Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> i have been dealing with latency also, often in undo-tree.  this might
>> be a dumb suggestion, but is it related to org file size?  my files
>> have not really grown /that/ much but maybe you could bisect one.  as
>> opposed to config.
>
> I am wondering if many people in the list experience latency issues.

FYI: I experience high latency when typing near in-text citations, such
as [cite:@ganz+2013].  It got so bad that I converted all my files to
hard-wrapped lines.  After I did that, the Org mode became usable again,
but it still lags visibly when typing near a citation.

Rudy
--
"'Contrariwise,' continued Tweedledee, 'if it was so, it might be; and
if it were so, it would be; but as it isn't, it ain't.  That's logic.'"

Rudolf Adamkovič <salutis@me.com> [he/him]
Studenohorská 25
84103 Bratislava
Slovakia