Re: Extend the existing alternative set of key bindings for terminals

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Extend the existing alternative set of key bindings for terminals
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2022 14:58:21 +0800

"Loris Bennett" <loris.bennett@fu-berlin.de> writes:

> In principle, yes, but the mode map is quite extensive.  Is there any
> way of doing that systematically?  Or is the idea that I just keep a
> record of all the issues that I stumble across?

I do not know a good way to do it systematically, other than looking
into the contents of org-mode-map and trying things.

The idea is to keep record of the problematic bindings and later discuss
possible alternatives that will be automatically enabled when you load
Emacs in terminal.

The current alternatives are the following:

  - "C-c C-x c ->            org-table-copy-down
  - "C-c C-x m ->            org-meta-return
  - "C-c C-x M ->            org-insert-todo-heading
  - "C-c C-x RET ->          org-meta-return
  - "ESC RET ->              org-meta-return
  - "ESC <left> ->           org-metaleft
  - "C-c C-x l ->            org-metaleft
  - "ESC <right> ->          org-metaright
  - "C-c C-x r ->            org-metaright
  - "C-c C-x u ->            org-metaup
  - "C-c C-x d ->            org-metadown
  - "C-c C-x L ->            org-shiftmetaleft
  - "C-c C-x R ->            org-shiftmetaright
  - "C-c C-x U ->            org-shiftmetaup
  - "C-c C-x D ->            org-shiftmetadown
  - "C-c <up> ->             org-shiftup
  - "C-c <down> ->           org-shiftdown
  - "C-c <left> ->           org-shiftleft
  - "C-c <right> ->          org-shiftright
  - "C-c C-x <right> ->      org-shiftcontrolright
  - "C-c C-x <left> ->       org-shiftcontrolleft

Best,
Ihor