Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [patch] improved: add TTL as defcustom to ox-icalendar
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2022 13:08:54 +0700

On 02/01/2022 20:28, Detlef Steuer wrote:

This is my first try ever to contribute anything in elisp.

Thanks for the patch. It is tracked on https://updates.orgmode.org/

It is easier to review and to apply a patch when it it is prepared in context format ("-u" option of diff). Several additional lines of code above and below changed ones makes the patch more tolerate to unrelated changes in the same file. It is a hint for humans as well.

See info "(diffutils) Tips for Patch Producers" https://www.gnu.org/software/diffutils/manual/html_node/Tips-for-Patch-Producers.html or "NOTES FOR PATCH SENDERS" section in "man patch".

If you have never used git (or other VCS) before then it is likely an overkill for a single patch, diff output with manually added description is OK. However you may find such tool rather convenient as number of changes will grow. See https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html for some hints addressed to contributors.

I am not a nextcloud or org-icalendar user, so while I expect that suggested change is an improvement, I can say nothing concerning the code.