Re: [bug] File mode specification error: (void-function file-attribute-i

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [bug] File mode specification error: (void-function file-attribute-inode-number)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2021 18:03:47 -0700

more below.

On 12/20/21, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for reporting!
>
> I just pushed the fix upstream.

thank you.

fyi, i am still trying to get main to work.  there is bug in most
recent main where org element use cache being set to t makes loading
infinite.  and another where c-x c-c is very slow but there aren't
messages saying what it is doing.

the cache bug reproduced a few times reliably and i finally figured
out getting it to debug on quit to give you a bt but then it didn't
reproduce, so idk if it is intermittent or my brain is not working.
also, if i quit at the wrong time, cache tells me to hit quit more
times because it captures that signal.  as i am limited in computer
use upgrading org is going to take some time.  however, the only
reason i want to try main is to run the fast batch archiving.  maybe
bugfix would work for ordinary use.  have not tried it yet.

> supporting latest Emacs - 2 versions [1]. Emacs 28 is going to be
> released in a few months, bundling Org 9.5. If you can, please update
> your Emacs to at least version 26.

[thanks.  i dread this.  i have been dreading having to upgrade debian
and idk when i will be able to but have to do it.  and getting a
signed emacs and installing it might be more trouble than it seems at
first as every sw [even org] seems to be.]  still trying.