Re: [bug] File mode specification error: (void-function file-attribute-i

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [bug] File mode specification error: (void-function file-attribute-inode-number)
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 23:07:33 +0800

> emacs 25.1 does not have this function.  this error occurs upon
> find-file on an org file in org 9.5.
>
> File mode specification error: (void-function file-attribute-inode-number)

Thanks for reporting!

I just pushed the fix upstream.

However, note that Emacs 25 is barely supported. Our current policy is
supporting latest Emacs - 2 versions [1]. Emacs 28 is going to be
released in a few months, bundling Org 9.5. If you can, please update
your Emacs to at least version 26.

[1] https://orgmode.org/worg/org-maintenance.html#emacs-compatibility

Best,
Ihor