Re: Bug: org-no-popups disregards display-buffer-fallback-action [9.4.6

From: Daniel Kraus
Subject: Re: Bug: org-no-popups disregards display-buffer-fallback-action [9.4.6 (9.4.6-13-g4be129-elpaplus @ /home/jeeger/.emacs.d/elpa/org-plus-contrib-20210920/)]
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 20:40:07 +0100

> On Monday, 15 Nov 2021 at 00:03, dal-blazej@onenetbeyond.org wrote:
>> So if we want to make org cooperate with window.el we must ban theses
>> functions and instead delegate the window management with calls to
>> proper display functions.
>
> I agree completely.  One of my bug-bears is org-capture which I often
> use during meetings to take notes or create TODO items.  Typically, the
> org capture window covers my Teams buffer (I use exwm as my window
> manager...) which is rather annoying.
>
> I did play with display-buffer-alist but it seemed to not be able to
> take control of some of org's windows.  Everything else I do in Emacs is
> nicely managed through that alist.

Just want to mention that I would also really appreciate this.
I asked for it ~4 years ago on this list
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2017-12/msg00241.html
and it also comes up from time to time in other places
like this Reddit thread
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/ic4u1m/stop_emacs_from_hiding_other_windows_when/

Thanks,
  Daniel