[downgrading to matlab 2019a and using 3.5 NOW does not work neither] (w

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [downgrading to matlab 2019a and using 3.5 NOW does not work neither] (was: after installing python3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04, org files open with errors)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 18:49:59 +0100

>>> "UB" == Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi

> I am running Ubuntu 16.04 and I installed python3.6 (which is not
> officially supported for that Ubuntu version via
> https://askubuntu.com/questions/865554/how-do-i-install-python-3-6-using-apt-get

> I also installed

> sudo -H python3.6 -m pip install jupyter
> sudo -H python3.6 -m pip install pexpect
> sudo -H python3.6 -m pip install matlab_kernel

I finally gave up that approach: I uninstalled 2019b and installed 2019a
(the latest version that is compatible with 3.5). I uninstalled 3.6 and
all the packages I installed with pip

I installed the mathwork python engine.

But now ob-ipython gives me an serious error, so that org mode is basically not
usable. I have to comment out
(require 'ob-ipython)
BTW since I installed it via the emacs package system that require
shouldn't be necessary?

In any case I obtain the following serious error when opening an
org-file

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (json-readtable-error 84)
  signal(json-readtable-error (84))
  json-read()
  json-read-array()
  json-read()
  json-read-from-string("[TerminalIPythonApp] WARNING | Subcommand `ipython...")
  ob-ipython--get-kernels()
  ob-ipython-auto-configure-kernels()
  run-hooks(change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook outline-mode-hook
org-mode-hook)
  apply(run-hooks (change-major-mode-after-body-hook text-mode-hook
outline-mode-hook org-mode-hook))

Etc

I have set
(setq ob-ipython-command "ipython")

The default is jupyter, but it gives the same error.

I am now puzzled. Is there anybody still using this package?

Regards

Uwe Brauer