Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [patch suggestion] Mitigating the poor Emacs performance on huge org files: Do not use overlays for PROPERTY and LOGBOOK drawers
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 14:27:11 +0800

Matt Price <moptop99@gmail.com> writes:

> Is this code in main now, and do I have to do anything special to test it
> out?

Not on main yet. I need maintainers to agree about the merge. It is a
major change. I plan to prepare a proper patchset and bump the thread
again a few weeks later, when the dust settles on the recent
org-persist/org-element merge.

If you want to test the code, it is available at
https://github.com/yantar92/org You can simply clone the github repo and
load Org from there.

Best,
Ihor