window management for logging and capturing notes

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: window management for logging and capturing notes
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 18:01:56 +0100

Hello all,

TL;DR: Is there something equivalent to org-src-window-setup for log
notes and org capture?  I cannot find it.

Longer: I'm sure org has the capability I want (it always does) but I
cannot find it: as screens get bigger, I find I use more windows in a
given frame.  Looking at the code leads me to believe that what I want
is not implemented but just in case...

One typical scenario is a zoom/teams window as one of many windows in a
frame during an online meeting.  I should say I use exwm so Emacs is my
window manager and I have a single frame on each monitor.  During these
meetings, I often want to capture things (org-capture) and/or add notes
(org-add-note) to a heading in a document.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem
to have the type of control I wish over how new windows pop up for these
notes and often my meeting video disappears until the note is complete.

In general, I would want org-capture and note logging to use the current
window.

If there is no such setting, I will play around with
display-buffer-alist, I guess.

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-93-gd87250
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096