Elegant way to export org to Markdown ?

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Elegant way to export org to Markdown ?
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2021 14:20:50 +0900

I'm trying to work with SourceHut (sr.ht) and right now they only accept
Markdown syntax for their readme/wiki files.

Since I work in Emacs/org-mode to write my documents (and try to stick to
that), I'd like to know if there is an elegant way to export org syntax to
MarkDown.

I was thinking that the export-dispatch had an option for Plain Text /
Markdown, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

As a workaround, I thought I'd work on a README.org file that I export to HTML,
change the name to .md and edit the contents to reduce the markup to the strict
minimum... But when I saw the contents of the HTML, I thought that would be way
too much work.

*BUT* MarkDown bien basically HTML *without* the head/body tags, it seems to me
that the HTML export-dispatch thing could have a "super simplified MD
compatible" HTML option...

Either way, I need a method to export to something that sr.ht will recognize
and process as MD so:

1) is there an external "approved" process to convert org-mode syntaxt to an
MD-compatible format ?
2) if no, what is the not too hard way to hack the HTML output to produce what
I need with export-dispatch ?

---side note--
And, Hello to Emacs-Humanities! I was away from the emacs-lists for a year and
when I came back I found that this amazing list was born. Last year I started a
"go-back-to-school" process that will eventually conclude with me finishing an
MA in Japanese studies, and I wrote my first 57 pages research report last year
with org-mode/Zotero/NeoOffice (a macOS only LibreOffice), and that was fun.
This year I work remotely as a part-time lecturer in translation studies where
I'll teach how to use free software in translation (OmegaT/Opaki
Framework/Maxprograms) and I wanted to write my teaching material in org on
sr.ht, but...

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune
https://mac4translators.blogspot.com