Re: Elegant way to export org to Markdown ?

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: Re: Elegant way to export org to Markdown ?
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2021 08:57:11 +0300

On 2021-10-02, 14:20 +0900, Jean-Christophe Helary <lists@traduction-libre.org>
wrote:

> I'm trying to work with SourceHut (sr.ht) and right now they only
> accept Markdown syntax for their readme/wiki files.
>
> Since I work in Emacs/org-mode to write my documents (and try to stick
> to that), I'd like to know if there is an elegant way to export org
> syntax to MarkDown.
>
> I was thinking that the export-dispatch had an option for Plain Text /
> Markdown, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Hello Jean-Christophe,

Have you tried the 'ox-md' which is part of Org?  Like this:

    (require 'ox-md)
    (add-to-list 'org-export-backends 'md)

The export dispatched should then have an "Export to Markdown" option
bound to 'm'.

There are more export backends as well.  If you do M-x find-library and
search for "ox-" you will find more options.

All the best,
Protesilaos (or simply "Prot")

--
Protesilaos Stavrou