Re: Deleting (not archiving) TODO items when done

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Deleting (not archiving) TODO items when done
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2021 14:27:56 -0700

as peter said, and you can probably collapse and kill the line or kill
using an agenda command.

the archive is used variously.  so is git.  so are items like

  * LOG [ts] header

and also there is logbook.  so where does one store e.g. records of
conversations?  something i struggle with.  in op's case, git and
things like rsnapshot would be the places he could find what he
deleted.

i tend to be conservative, and sometimes doneify and archive AND use
LOG.  drawbacks include impossibly slow archiving [i suspect direct OS
appending to file would be a workaround] and finding needles in
haystacks filled with trivial and near-duplicate entries.

some don't search archives much, some want only meaningful things
there.  etc.  i am learning the maening of bloat.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.
https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-some-diseases-are-wronged.html