Re: org-cite citation commands

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: org-cite citation commands
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 08:39:58 -0400

On Sat, Jul 17, 2021 at 7:41 AM Vikas Rawal <vikasrawal@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the equivalent here of the various citation commands that something
> like biblatex or bibtex provide? The two most common citation commands I use
> are citet and citep (or parencite). These are used to produce the following
> kind of output using org-ref/biblatex:
>

> -----
> * citet

cite/t

> * citep

cite (no style; it's default)

> I am a bit lost with the citation styles that are inbuilt in oc-biblatex.el.
> Is it expected that we will have to write additional citation styles for
> getting these kinds of output?

No; there is already extensive style support, that works consistently
across the different export processors.

E.g. cite/t will produce the same output in natbib and biblatex (and
very soon, csl).

You can see the draft mapping of style here, though I need to update it.

https://github.com/bdarcus/bibtex-actions/wiki/Org-cite

Bruce