Re: org-mode export to (latex) PDF

From: Jean-Christophe Helary
Subject: Re: org-mode export to (latex) PDF
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2021 23:13:08 +0900

> On Jul 10, 2021, at 22:52, Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Jean-Christophe,
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary writes:
>
>> I guess it is an issue with the Latex backend and could have been solved
>> with the proper Latex settings, but it seems weird that the default settings
>> do not allow for out-of-the-box multilingual support.
>
> I agree with you that Org should have multilingual support. A few months
> ago I started this thread here, with some proposals:
> https://orgmode.org/list/87o8d95pvo.fsf@posteo.net/

Juan,

That's a very interesting proposal. Thank you for the reference.

I had given up on Latex because mixing languages sounded like a huge pain in
the butt but I see that without some org-level infrastructure it is not
possible to achieve much when exporting to Latex/PDF (unless I missed
something).

So I guess I'll just keep my current workflow for now, with ODT as my "pivot"
format.

Thank you again, Juan.

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @brandelune