Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: Empty headline titles unsupported: Bug?
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 15:35:02 -0700

> David Masterson <dsmasterson92630@outlook.com> writes:
>
>> Could an extensible pre-hook that runs a list of functions take care of
>> the inconsistencies where each function recognizes one change to the
>> standard grammar and adjusts the input accordingly?
>
> Could you elaborate? For now, this sounds like unnecessary
> over-complication. Why would we need to introduce deviations from
> grammar in different functions?

Testing the usefulness of extensions to the grammar before they're added
to the grammar..?

Thinking about it, though, I'm not sure how you could "pre-parse" a
section of the file, make changes to the file via an extension, then
roll back the file pointer and let the regular parser take over.  I was
thinking of a "hook" approach where, when the parser gets to a certain
point (beginning of a header?), it could call the hooks with the current
spot as input.  If the hooks try to "extract" something from the input
(to process it and hide it from the regular grammar), I have a feeling
that would mess up the base parser.

It was just an idea... ;)

--
David Masterson