Re: prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda?

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: prettify-symbols-mode in org agenda?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 20:15:20 +0800

William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> writes:

>> I was able to reproduce using prettify-symbols-mode (though not using
>> pretty-symbols-mode). Should be fixed now in the attached patch.
>
> The issue seems still present.

Sorry, I cannot reproduce on my side using Emacs master, Emacs 27, and
Emacs 25. I used the following recipe:

1. cd /path/to/org
2. make clean
3. make
4. emacs -Q -L ./lisp/ -l org -l /tmp/1.el ~/Org/inbox.org
5. M-x org-agenda < t
6. M-x org-todo on the first item selecting "NEXT" state
7. M-x org-agenda-redo-all

The 1.el and inbox.org are attached.

Can you try to reproduce using the same steps as I did?

> pretty-symbols-mode is deprecated, and replaced by
> prettify-symbols-mode? From its homepage:
> https://github.com/drothlis/pretty-symbols

Sure. However, prettify-symbols-mode can only work with symbols, while I
want to use regexps in my config. So, I keep using pretty-symbols-mode.
If it gets broken, I can just fix it. The code is fairly straightforward
:)