Re: [Patch] to correctly sort the items with emphasis marks in a list

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [Patch] to correctly sort the items with emphasis marks in a list
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2021 15:45:57 +0000

Hi all,

Maxim Nikulin writes:

> I think, new variant should be committed even it does not fix Juan's
> case. He have not confirmed the fix yet.

Sorry, I have been busy with other matters and had lost the thread of
the discussion. I'm catching up on the messages...

I have tried the Nicolas' patch (latest version) and I see that the
items with emphasis are already ordered well. However, it seems that the
problem with identical items with or without emphasis still persists:
which items should go before and in what order? For example, in the
following list I get:

- /a/
- *a*
- a
- *b*
- /b/
- b
- /v/
- *v*
- v

Anyway, I think it is a minor problem (I can't think of many
scenarios in real life where this problem is relevant). In a more
realistic case, the result is correct:

- lo /bueno/
- lo bueno
- lo /vano/