Re: emacs27 and let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-heade

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: emacs27 and let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 23:01:31 -0400

Santiago Mejia writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I just did a clean install of Xubuntu 20.04.  I also installed emacs27
> (from this repository:ppa:kelleyk/emacs)
>
> When I try to export any snippet from org-mode by calling
> org-export-dispatch, my freshly installed emacs complains:
>
> "let: Symbol’s value as variable is void: org-table-header-line-p"

Nothing looks off in Org's sources: org-table.el defines
org-table-header-line-p, and that is used in one spot in org.el, which
loads org-table.el.

org-table-header-line-p was added recently (v9.4).  So, it looks like in
your setup there's a mismatch with a newer org.el loading an older
org-table.el.

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#mixed-install