Re: [tip for EXWM users] An alternative method for isolate trees

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [tip for EXWM users] An alternative method for isolate trees
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2021 17:42:23 +0100

Hi Julian,

"Julian M. Burgos" <julian.burgos@hafogvatn.is> writes:

> This does not seem to be a limitation from emacs, as it is possible to
> open multiple indirect buffers from a base buffer, using for example
> clone-indirect-buffer. So it should be possible to make a function
> combining "clone-indirect-buffer" and "org-narrow-to-subtree" perhaps?
> I am thinking so this option is available not only to EXWM users.

I think that combining clone-indirect-buffer and org-narrow-to-subtree
would work well. Another way to isolate several trees at once is by
using the excellent package org-sidebar
(https://github.com/alphapapa/org-sidebar). In fact, I borrowed from
this package the idea of renaming the new buffers with the string :: (if
I open helm and start typing ::, it shows me the list of isolated trees,
so it's very useful to have a dedicated string). Although my method for
isolating each tree is more pedestrian :-). And it only makes sense in
EXWM...

Best regards,

Juan Manuel