Re: How can I keep Org-id links from breaking when moving files?

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: How can I keep Org-id links from breaking when moving files?
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 14:16:15 -0500

On 2021-01-21 08:14, arozbiz@gmail.com wrote:
there's no way to programmatically make sure that Org can find those
IDs again (since there's no way to simply add a folder, rather than a
list of files, to =org-id-locations= or  =org-id-files=?

Being that this is Emacs, you can do almost anything you want, with a
little Elisp practice.  ;)

For example, you could write some custom move command which would
automatically add the new folder to some variable or file with a list of
folders to add to places for org-id to look in from now on.

However perhaps we should take a step back and ask ourselves if this is
a good approach?  And IMHO, starting to scatter files here and there
throughout the filesystem is not a good idea.  Even if you implement
above mentioned custom Elisp, it adds (IMO, needless) complexity.

Therefore I would think long and hard if that is actually really
necessary, before starting to go down that path.  Just my $0.02.

Cheers,
TRS-80