Re: org-mode export toggle checkboxes

From: Kyle Meyer
Subject: Re: org-mode export toggle checkboxes
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2020 06:10:05 GMT

Zelphir Kaltstahl writes:

> Hello Emacs and Org-Mode Users,
>
> I have a question regarding the export options of org-mode.
>
> Is there a way to toggle, whether checkboxes are exported to markdown
> and plain text (ASCII buffer / file)? I did not find any on
> https://orgmode.org/manual/Export-Settings.html and so far I tried the
> following:
[...]

I'm not aware of an option to control this.  You could accomplish it
with a filter though:

    (defun my/ox-md-ascii-filter-checkboxes (ast backend info)
      (if (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'md 'ascii)
          (org-element-map ast 'item
            (lambda (i)
              (org-element-put-property i :checkbox nil))
            info)
        ast))

    (add-to-list 'org-export-filter-parse-tree-functions
                 #'my/ox-md-ascii-filter-checkboxes)

more details: (info "(org)Advanced Export Configuration")