Re: Exporting .org to .md for Sourcehut (sr.ht); ox-md not following Mar

From: TRS-80
Subject: Re: Exporting .org to .md for Sourcehut (sr.ht); ox-md not following Markdown spec?
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2020 18:17:00 -0500

On 2020-12-02 16:59, Tim Cross wrote:
TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> writes:

I think the problem is actually because Sourcehut are sanitizing the id
attribute out of links, as I have replied already to some other people
in this thread.

From what I can tell, yes your right. However, it also seems that this
is an arbitrary decision by sourcehut. There doesn't seem to be anything
in the CommonMark spec which prevents the id attribute. The commonMark
spec explicitly supports raw HTML including attributes. This also makes
me think the problem is not with the org mode exporter either.

You know, as much as my last email may have sounded otherwise, I am now
also thinking this way.

Whitelisting the id attribute should (in theory) be the least amount of
work.  I have replied back on the thread at Sourcehut asking if there is
some (security or other) reason they are blocking it.  Hopefully that
approach bears fruit.

I note that in the email thread you referenced, the last post suggests
setting up a custom readme format which would allow you to use HTML.
Maybe that is the easiest route to take - org -> html with custom
readme?

Unfortunately, the Org HTML exporter (which is in fact the parent that
the Markdown exporter was derived from) also makes extensive use of the
id attribute and anchor links.  So I am afraid those would be sanitized
out exactly the same.

Cheers,
TRS-80