Re: Remembrance Agents

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Remembrance Agents
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 13:52:03 +0000

On Sunday, 29 Nov 2020 at 15:07, Gerardo Moro wrote:
> Has somebody installed it and tried it? It would be great to have a
> screen recording demo.

I've used it on and off in the past, within the past 2 years most
recently.  I populate the database it uses with both emails and org
files.  While writing, it shows lines from documents that match in a
separate window (whose size can be customized).

It does work but I find that I tend to forget about the remembrance
window most of the time so eventually I turn it off.  I never seem to
have enough screen real estate to justify its use (despite having 38"
and 27" monitors side by side on my desk ;-)).

There was a blog post early this year on this topic [1] which you might
find interesting.  It talks mostly about recoll [2] which is not so much
a remembrance agent but a search tool

HTH,
eric

Footnotes:
[1]  https://blog.jethro.dev/posts/remembrance_agents/

[2]  https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/recoll/

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.50, Org release_9.4-143-g9a1549