Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?

From: Gustavo Barros
Subject: Re: Changed list indentation behavior: how to revert?
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 19:13:31 -0300

On Fri, 13 Nov 2020 at 18:47, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

* Gustavo Barros <gusbrs.2016@gmail.com> [2020-11-14 00:12]:

I have seen discussion with very little reasoning. You are changing
default for many users and large subset of those users will not read
the NEWS. And now you are discovering that there are people who get
messed up with it. Is it really useful? So far I remember the
electric-indent-mode did work in Org mode without this anti-enhancement.

[...]

Introducing default that changes habits and gives more work to present
users is not useful.

Did you consider number of users who would now maybe need to introduce
local variable just to turn that off? Sorry that I do not find this
case reasonable.

Oh, my! I'm not even the person you should be ranting to. I'm just an user, and someone who follows this list, and was trying to be helpful.

But, as such, I do get what motivated maintainers to make the change from the linked threads. And I also got from them and the News the information needed to adjust for the change, in case I'd want to. Perhaps we read differently.

Best regards,
Gustavo.