Re: WIP: Org-plot work

From: TEC
Subject: Re: WIP: Org-plot work
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 23:35:55 +0800

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Please share it on the list if you feel it's ready for a review.

Well, I'm pretty sure it needs further tweaks, but I think that the bulk
of the work would benefit from review at this point --- should I send it
in?

> Also, Mario has been working on org-plot.el too

Ah yes, well if Mario is interested I'm certainly open to such an idea :)

> I'm not an org-plot.el user so I cannot comment on the usefulness and
> correctness of the code, but perhaps you need to coordinate your work?

On the usefulness front, I'm quite confident that the exposes some handy
functionality. One notable result of my patches it that they allow users
to define plot types they use frequently as 1st-class types (i.e. used
just as #+PLOT: type:grid, just type:custom instead). This allows the
GNUPlot boilerplate to be dissociated from the data being plotted, which
I view as quite beneficial. This generalises the existing types into
a default set of custom types.

> That would be for after 9.4.

Of course.

Thanks for getting back to me on this,