Re: Website revamp?

From: TEC
Subject: Re: Website revamp?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 10:59:42 +0800

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your emails, they're most helpful!
I'll respond to them one at a time.

Tom Gillespie <tgbugs@gmail.com> writes:

> When the dimensions of the browser window become too narrow the links in
> the header move to the hamburger menu. This seems like it is quite bad
> for discoverability. Is there a way that the other sections could be
> concatenated/loaded on scroll if it were that narrow?

This is how it originally was, but that ended up looking messy. Given
the hamburger is a common design, I think visitors should know what to
do with it :D

> Relatedly, it
> seems like it might be better to simply show the features directly
> below the banner on the home page rather than having users click
> through. That is the question that many users will be asking at that
> point in the page, and having the answer there waiting for them seems
> like it would be helpful. I'm not always a fan of the long scroll
> single page approach to this, but it seems like it might make sense
> for the narrow screen case.

I'm thinking I'll just try to /very/ prominently link to features.
Something like the markdown guide's set of three big icons + text could
work (https://www.markdownguide.org/).

Thanks for your feedback!

Timothy