Re: org-caldav-sync hangs

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: org-caldav-sync hangs
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 11:00:34 +0200

Hi Eric,

> On Monday, 10 Aug 2020 at 14:47, Loris Bennett wrote:
>> The following used to work ca. 6-8 weeks ago to work and allow me to
>> synchronise events in an Org file with a calendar provided by a
>> Nextcloud instance:
>
> I had this problem in the past, or something similar.  I found that I
> had to run org-lint on all my relevant files.  Some of my files had the
> properties drawer in the wrong place (things have changed along the way
> with respect to where org expects these to be).  Once I fixed them,
> everything has worked smoothly.  I also use org-caldav-sync with a
> nextcloud instance.
>
> Just in case, and grasping at straws, another possibility may be that
> the file which keeps track of org IDs (~/.emacs.d/.org-id-locations on
> my system) has ended up inconsistent with your actual org files.  You
> may be able to delete that file (make a copy in case I'm wrong) and it
> should be re-generated.

Thanks for the suggestions.  Unfortunately all the relevant Org file
pass linting and regenerating .org-id-locations didn't help.

What I do occasionally see is this error:

  up-list: Scan error: "Unbalanced parentheses", 388, 126

However I don't even know whether this is coming from Org or not, so I
can't tell whether it is relevant.

Cheers,

Loris