org-sbe and code blocks in a different files

From: Michael Welle
Subject: org-sbe and code blocks in a different files
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 20:43:18 +0200

Hello,

I can execute code blocks in different (separate?) files like this:

#+call: ../lob.org:convert-time-range-to-days(range="<2020-02-19
 Wed>--<2020-02-21 Fri>")

That is great. Can I call the same function from a table function?
org-sbe doesn't support the above notation extended with an Org file
name, I think.

Second, I try to concentrate useful reusable code blocks in one file,
lob.org in my case. That works. But I feel that I need some of the elisp
based code blocks as code blocks, that I can execute, as well as
separate elisp forms that I can eval from elisp code. How to deal
with that?

Ideas:

Having two code blocks per function: one with the actual elisp code that
can be tangled and a second one that just evals the form and can be used
as a, well, code block usable with #+call?

Or should I give them names like func and func_code (that's the one with
actual elisp code) and write an elisp form that grabs all code blocks
named *_code and evals them at start-up to bring the forms into the
environment?

Other ideas are also welcome.

Regards
hmw