Solved inline image problem from 2015

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Solved inline image problem from 2015
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 10:47:39 -1000

Aloha all,

Five (!) years ago, I came to the list with a problem toggling inline image display. No matter what I did, images were displayed in the buffer. Despite some good help from Rasmus, I wasn't able to solve the problem at that time.

A few years ago, I noticed the problem is restricted to png files, which I was exporting from R. For a long while I solved the problem by not exporting png files :)

Recently, I needed png files again and ran into my old problem. Toggling inline images had no effect on the png files, which were always displayed in the buffer.

It appears the problem has to do with interlacing in the png file. I used ImageMagick to get rid of the interlacing --- mogrify -interlace none *.png. Fixed!

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye