Re: org-ref: xxx-add-bibtex-entry with an org-capture like interface

From: Daniele Nicolodi
Subject: Re: org-ref: xxx-add-bibtex-entry with an org-capture like interface
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 11:33:48 -0600

On 09-04-2020 13:43, John Kitchin wrote:
> This is basically what doi-add-bibtex-entry does. There isn't one
> function that does arxiv too, but there is arxiv-add-bibtex-entry. Those
> are both commands in org-ref. These don't pop up a buffer for approval,
> that is something you would have to build yourself.
>
> There are many workflows people want, the one above works for me when I
> am writing, and just want to add entries with minimal disruption. I
> usually polish the entries later if needed. I can see a slower, approach
> like you describe too.

Hello John,

I have been able to hack something combining org-capture and the utility
functions you mention that implements the workflow I described.

There is only one issue: doi-utils-insert-bibtex-entry-from-doi contains
a (save-buffer) call that does not play nicely when I call it on a
temporary buffer. Why is the (save-buffer) there?
doi-utils-insert-bibtex-entry-from-doi looks like an utility function,
thus I think it should not try to save the current buffer. What do you
think?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Dan