Re: ox-html: Bug or feature for export of title and meta information?

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: ox-html: Bug or feature for export of title and meta information?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 19:32:06 +0100

Hi there!

On 2020-02-17, at 10:47, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Jens Lechtenboerger <address@hidden> writes:

>> Which “non exportable objects” can be skipped by that function (as
>> mentioned in a comment in org-html--build-meta-info)? Should they also
>> be skipped for description or title?
>
> That non-exportable part is confusing. I think
>
>   (org-element-interpret-data auth)
>
> is sufficient. I pushed a change in that direction.

Thank you!

The function org-element-interpret-data seems to return the empty
string for nil.  Is that by contract or accident?  In the former
case, maybe use

(org-element-interpret-data (plist-get info :author))

instead of the let statement?

What do you think about applying org-element-interpret-data (instead
of org-export-data) when let-binding title, like the following?

(org-html-encode-plain-text
 (org-element-interpret-data (plist-get info :title)))

As far as I can tell, this would create valid (X)HTML.

Best wishes
Jens