Re: ox-html: Bug or feature for export of title and meta information?

From: Jens Lechtenboerger
Subject: Re: ox-html: Bug or feature for export of title and meta information?
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 19:16:18 +0100

Hi there!

On 2020-02-15, at 15:02, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Jens Lechtenboerger <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> the W3C Markup Validator [1] disagrees with this output from
>> ox-html (which I reduced to the essential parts):
>
> OK. I was talking about the Org syntax. I misread your initial report.
>
> I won't comment about the generated HTML. If needed, the HTML exporter
> can prevent parsing TITLE keyword.

I do not know what is needed.  Function org-html--build-meta-info
should return valid XHTML (also in case of HTML5, I believe that
Org syntax is preferable over ignored [1] HTML tags).

Based on the treatment of meta elements for author and description
in that function, alternatives might use org-element-interpret-data
(author) or not (description).  I do not understand the role of
org-element-interpret-data to generate author information.  Which
“non exportable objects” can be skipped by that function (as
mentioned in a comment in org-html--build-meta-info)?  Should they
also be skipped for description or title?

Best wishes
Jens

[1] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/title