Automatic LaTeX preview toggling

From: Ag Ibragimov
Subject: Automatic LaTeX preview toggling
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:19:27 -0800

I just recently discovered that this excellent code snippet that I found long
time ago here:
http://slumpy.org/blog/2017-02-01-automatic-latex-preview-in-org-mode

which is based on even older post originally written by John Kitchin:

http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu/blog/2015/10/09/Automatic-latex-image-toggling-when-cursor-is-on-a-fragment/

unfortunately stopped working. I guess I missed it, at some point it seems
org--list-latex-overlays function was removed.

Does anyone know if there's updated version of this thing somewhere? Or maybe
this was extracted into some plugin or something that can be installed from
MELPA maybe and I don't even know?