Re: [RFC] C-c C-c in agenda

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [RFC] C-c C-c in agenda
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2020 21:17:10 +0100

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

> i think it can be confusing to new users to have column mode
> accidentally activated.  what are the things they will try to get out
> of it?  maybe worth considering all the panic commands they'd try, and
> either deactivate or message what to do to deactivate?

Indeed.  Ease the breakout from column view was the main motivation for
the binding.

> if c-c c-c is being weighed, maybe consider it as one of those things
> to possibly tip the balance?  i do not use column mode (drawers are
> slow, too disorrganized to make a contact list with it), so cannot
> say.
>
> some things they might try are: q, c-c c-c, c-c c-k, esc esc esc, c-g,
> undo, whatever they tried last, c-u on whatever they tried last,
> revert, kill buffer, ? as a speed command, look at mode line, skim the
> manual [for what?], c-z, whatever vim does, spacemacs?.

The inspiration for the C-c C-c to quit column view was the removal of
highlightings hanging around from a sparse tree with those keys C-c C-c.

BTW C-c C-c is also a way out of the macro editing buffer.  { M-x
kmacro-edit-macro }

> similar for things like outline search view and org agenda restriction
> lock, but in my experience, those are less commonly accidentally
> activated.

I also think so for restriction lock.

Ciao,
--