Re: debugging why a latex preview fails

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: debugging why a latex preview fails
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2020 13:05:30 +0100

Hello Fabrice and Eric,

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I ended up edebugging
'org-create-formula-image' to have a look at the created tex file (that
is indeed cleaned up after the generation). The file was fine, but
dvipng failed on it (with errors like "raw PostScriptdvipng warning:
PostScript environment contains DVI commands dvipng warning: No image
output from inclusion of raw PostScript"). I switched to imagemagick to
do the conversion and everything now works.

The warnings were in the *Org Preview Latex Output* buffer, which
I realized afterwards. However it's still tricky to debug because
intermediate files are erased, so I could not initially run the command
by hand to try to tweak it.

Thanks again,

Alan