Re: [RFC] C-c C-c in agenda

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [RFC] C-c C-c in agenda
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2020 21:20:42 -0600

Marco Wahl <address@hidden> writes:

> For some days now C-c C-c disables column view in Org files.  This helps
> me a bit and never got in my way.  And I thought it would be quite
> natural and consistent to use this binding for the agenda too.
>
> What do you think about all that?

Hi Marco,

I've always had the impression that the "C-c C-c" binding was intended
to do the most obviously useful or natural action in the current
context.  For example, in a capture or log buffer, it completes the
capture.  With point on a #+ line, it resets buffer properties
accordingly.

I don't use column view very often, so I may be biased, but anyway: in
the general context of an Agenda buffer, I don't feel like enabling or
disabling column view is the most obviously useful or natural thing to
do, so "C-c C-c" doesn't seem like an appropriate binding to me.