Re: [O] org-links for Gnus in imap with Gmail (for a convenient todo.org

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] org-links for Gnus in imap with Gmail (for a convenient todo.org list)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 15:15:49 -0400

On 2019-07-25 at 12:24 -04, Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> wrote...
> Documentation to create a todo.org list  that provides links to email as
> tasks   is  not   seldom  on   the  web.   I  recommend   for  example
> [[http://pragmaticemacs.com/]].
>
> But for gnus-imap-gmail users, it is more difficult to get the same
> thing.

FYI, here is the mu4e implementation defined so that the standard
org-store-link properly work based on msgid:

https://github.com/djcb/mu/blob/master/mu4e/org-mu4e.el#L117

When viewing email I use the same keybindings as elswhere, C-l to store link,
and C-c C-l to paste it and I get:

[[mu4e:msgid:address@hidden][SUBJECT OF EMAIL]]

  -k.