Re: [O] Proposal for new document-level syntax

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Proposal for new document-level syntax
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2019 23:00:54 +0200

Hello,

Gustav Wikström <address@hidden> writes:

>   I propose to allow properties to be defined also as document property
>   keywords. All keywords in the top of a buffer, before any non-comment
>   line, are document-level keywords. In effect, they are properties that
>   apply in exactly the same way as properties defined in the property
>   drawer. The only reason for using a document keyword instead of
>   defining it inside the property drawer is to make it more visible. One
>   example would be the title-keword (#+TITLE: ...).

I only skimmed over your proposal, as I don't have much time. I'm sorry
if you answered this already, but I don't understand how what you
suggest would differ from regular keywords.

As a reminder:
- you can create, and support, as many keywords as you want;
- keywords all operate at the "document-level";
- keywords can be located anywhere in the document.

I think Org keywords already provide everything you need. If they don't,
I would suggest to improve them instead of creating something else.

WDYT?

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou