Re: [O] map function definitions to org src blocks?

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: [O] map function definitions to org src blocks?
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 09:40:37 -0500

It looks like it is possible to get describe-func to point to an org-file.  Suppose I have a file /Users/jkitchin/vc/journal/2018/11/09/2018-11-09.org that has src blocks that tangle to /Users/jkitchin/vc/journal/2018/11/09/test.el. When test.el is loaded, it adds a bunch of stuff to the variable load-history that describe-function can use to get information. For example:

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(assoc "/Users/jkitchin/vc/journal/2018/11/09/test.el" load-history)
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: (/Users/jkitchin/vc/journal/2018/11/09/test.el (defun . some-func))

One solution is to just change the file name in load-history like this.

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(setf (car (assoc "/Users/jkitchin/vc/journal/2018/11/09/test.el" load-history)) "/Users/jkitchin/vc/journal/2018/11/09/2018-11-09.org")
#+END_SRC
John

Something like this could be handled in an :after advice for example.

This is only lightly tested... I don't know if it has other implications.

Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University