Re: [O] [RFC] Dog food, anyone?

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Dog food, anyone?
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2017 12:58:20 +0000

> Hello,
>
> The task started by Thomas S. Dye a couple years ago is now complete.
> The "manual.org" file in "contrib/" directory is an up-to-date,
> sometimes enhanced, version of the Org manual. Org can now eat its own
> dog food.
>
> During the process, I had to re-organize some parts of the manual (e.g.,
> "Working with source code" section, the concept index...) and improve
> the "texinfo" export back-end, which was not up to the task when Thomas
> started it.

Good stuff!

My question about this and your experiences with ox-texinfo, is would it
be possible to integrate this into a workflow where a manual was
converted piece-meal.

So, if a texinfo manual was multi-part (like the Emacs manual for
instance), it could be converted one file at a time, rather than having
to do the whole lot.

Phil