Re: [O] LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename

From: Eduardo Mercovich
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX > PDF blocked by extender chars in filename
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 09:41:20 -0300

Aló Felipe.

The grffile package is already included, in: [[help:org-latex-default-packages-alist]] The text above is an Org hyperlink describing the "org-latex-default-packages-alist" variable.

Beautiful, loved the link inclusion in the mail, thanks. :)

However, grffile, as it is included, doesn't have any options (this is indicated with the empty quote-unquote next to the "grffile").

So, for now, in your LaTeX document, do:
#+LATEX_HEADER: grffilesetup{}
... and insert the options for grffile between "{" and "}". For example:
#+LATEX_HEADER: grffilesetup{filenameencoding = utf8, space}

It seems that you found the origin... :)

(I had to add a backslash before grffilesetup, as in "#+LATEX_HEADER: \grffilesetup{filenameencoding = utf8, space}")

I added this to the file options and tried the experiment again.

+ With the defaul tex file export "{img/ProcesoDeDise%C3%B1oDeInteraccion.pdf}" there is no diagram in the pdf. + With a small change in the reference "{img/ProcesoDeDiseñoDeInteraccion.pdf}" now the pdf includes the diagram as it's supposed to be.
I'm also not a programmer, but I did notice this odd behavior. :)

My friend, it seems you can see far and clear. :D

Rounding up:
+ if we include the grffilesetup options "{filenameencoding = utf8, space}", and
+ insert the filename as it is,
+ the pdf is exported and the referenced file is correctly included.

Nicolas, does this means we should modify these little things in Org?

--
eduardo mercovich

Donde se cruzan tus talentos con las necesidades del mundo, ahí está tu vocación. (Anónimo)