Re: [O] Change in appearance of org-todo-keywords

From: Josh Moller-Mara
Subject: Re: [O] Change in appearance of org-todo-keywords
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2017 12:16:08 +0800

Colin Baxter <address@hidden> writes:

> As of today, TODO now appears with three sets of un-requested double
> colons after it, as in TODO :: :: ::
>
> The behaviour doesn't occur with emacs -q, so the cause is presumably in
> my ~/.emacs. I can't work out what's wrong with my org-todo-sequence,
> which is:
>
> (setq org-todo-keywords (quote((sequence "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)"
>                               "NEXT(n@/!)" "WAITING(w@/!)"
>                               "HOLD(h@/!)" "CANCELLED(c@/!)"
>                               "PHONE(p)"  "BREAK(b)" "MEETING(m)" "DONE(d@/!)"
>                               ))))

This is happening with me too. But I suspect it has more to do with
org-todo-state-tags-triggers being set. I don't get the double colons if
I don't set org-todo-state-tags-triggers.

>From what I can tell, doing something like (org-toggle-tag "sometag"
'off) produces these double colons. It seems to have to do with the way
that org-split-string no longer returns nil, but returns ("").

Best,
Josh